With the professional and strategic investment, Pediatric Center of Vinmec Times City General International hospital has a full range of specialties, including Pediatric Inpatient and Outpatient Ward.
Besides the system of clinics and inpatient beds, the center also interested in children's play spaces. The space of the department is decorated brightly and colorful, creating a sense of happiness for children when they visit for examination. At the same time, the Center also arranges a colorful playground for children to play comfortably, helping them to forget their fears and familiarize themselves with the environment of the Hospital. Every Monday and Saturday morning, there will be the fun art show performed by circus clowns that will give our children a good laugh to forget all the troubles of hospitalization.
All emergency pediatric diseases and other common pediatric diseases are examined, detected and treated with high quality, even several specific diseases for example: Kawasaki, meningitis, early puberty, sepsis caused by staph infection, 4S syndrome, hemophagocytic syndromes, recurrent gastroduodenal ulcers, acute pancreatitis, etc.
Many cases of retinoblastoma are successfully treated in order to bring better life to patients.
Pediatric Center - Vinmec Times City International Hospital is well-invested and fully equipped with system of clinic and inpatient rooms which met international standard. The system is arranged according to specific areas in the hospital.
1. Pediatric clinic (3rd floor)
The clinic system located on the third floor includes 8 units, in which 01 otorhinolaryngology unit has high-quality machinery and equipment. Each unit is equipped in accordance with international standards. Besides, there is also an emergency room, nursing room, waiting room, playground for children during waiting time... Every Monday and Saturday morning, there will be the fun art show arranged with circus clowns. The colorful playground here helps children to have fun and get used to the hospital environment. In a friendly space towards children’s mind of counselling place, the procedure of examination will be much more efficient and full of joyfulness.
2. Pediatric Emergency and Day-care department
Pediatric Emergency and Day-care department is located on the first floor of the hospital which included 02 clinics (24-hour clinic and emergency clinic), 05 emergency beds and 04 Day-care beds.
Pediatric Inpatient Wards (5th and 6th floor)
Pediatric Inpatient Wards consists of 83 beds which placed in 03 units:
Pediatric Ward I: 29 inpatient beds
Pediatric Ward II: 29 inpatient beds
Pediatric Ward III: 25 inpatient beds
Unified facilities of every inpatient rooms are equipped with standard bed, essential equipment, e-trolley, jet and ultrasonic nebulizer machines, etc.
- Emergency examination
- Whenever child’s life is threatened, parents could bring their child to hospital to receive examination urgently without appointment.
- Day-care treatment
- Day-care department offers services for pediatric patients performing minor procedure within daytime or single services for example: injection, nebulization, etc. and pre/post-procedural observation within 4-8 hours.
- Pediatric general and specialized examination
- Pediatric Department opens schedule all weekdays from Monday to Sunday, except for holidays and Tet (specific notification of schedule will be informed in advance).
- Inpatient treatment
- Pediatric Center – Vinmec Times City International Hospital offers services of examination, counseling and treatment of common pediatric diseases and numerous specialized diseases (gastroenterology, respiratory, hematology, endocrinology, infectious, chronic hepatobiliary, congenital defects of the brain, urinary system diseases, etc.)
- Pediatric Oncology
- Examination, diagnosis and treatment of pediatric oncology diseases: solid malignant tumors (neuroblastoma, kidney cancer, liver cancer, sarcoma, germinoma, etc.), blood cancers (acute leukemia, Hodgkin's lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin's lymphoma, retinoblastoma).
- Approach to managing pediatric cancer pathologies according to multi-disciplinary model. Deploying modern techniques for treating cancer in children (hematopoietic stem cell transplantation). Building a comprehensive treatment model for retinoblastoma according to international standards: adjuvant and neoadjuvant chemotherapy, thermo-chemotherapy, intra-arterial chemotherapy, orbital radiation therapy.
- Developing the field of Cancer Genetics: aCGH technique (Comparative genomic hybridization) to identify genotypes of patients with neuroblastoma in order to apply to individualized treatment; sequence analysis of RB1 gene in retinoblastoma, genetic counseling for families, prenatal and postnatal diagnosis.
- Infectious diseases: Examination, diagnosis and treatment of following diseases: jaundice, acute/ chronic hepatitis; contagious diseases, influenza, Dengue fever, meningitis, Helminthic diseases in liver, brain, lungs; measles, mumps, tuberculosis, varicella, influenza, Hand-Foot-Mouth, prolonged fever with unknown cause.
- Neurologic diseases: Examination, diagnosis and treatment of unexplained seizures, epilepsy, developmental delays, cerebral palsy, brain tumors; neuromuscular disease; postoperative care of neuro-cranial surgery, etc.
- Digestive diseases: Examination, diagnosis and treatment of acute diarrhea; prolonged condition of diarrhea, abdominal pain, gastroduodenal diseases, bloody diarrhea, constipation, etc.
- Hematology diseases: Examination, diagnosis and treatment of chronic anemia (iron deficiency, hemolysis, myelosuppression, anemia of unknown causes, etc.), LCH (Langerhans-Cell-Hiscitocytosis), Hemophagocytic Lymphohistiocytosis, hemorrhagic diseases (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura, Henoch-Schonlein purpura).
- Endocrine - metabolism - genetics: Examination, counseling, diagnosis and treatment of early puberty, late puberty in children, diabetes, diabetes insipidus; goiter, basedow, hyperthyroidism, hypothyroidism; Turner syndrome, menstrual delay or amenorrhea in girls; Genetic endocrine diseases (families with numerous children who die prematurely or have the same diseases of psychomotor retardation, ...); neuromuscular diseases (Duchenne, Spinal muscular atrophy); Osteogenesis imperfecta (fetal imperfect bone formation), renal rickets. Consultation and reassessment of neonatal screening (G6PD deficiency, congenital adrenal hyperplasia, congenital hypothyroidism; abnormal genital organs; unknown gender).
- Nephro-urology diseases: Examination, counseling, diagnosis and treatment of acute/ chronic glomerulonephritis; edema with unknown cause; prolonged urinary tract infections; kidney and urinary tract malformations; difficulty urinating, enuresis; prolonged hematuria.
- Other specialized pathologies: cardiovascular, nutrition, etc.