......

What is the pathology of intracranial and extracranial artery stenosis?

Ask
Hello doctor! As far as I know, the stroke is caused by narrowing of the arteries in the skull and outside the skull, is that correct? So what is the pathology of intracranial and extracranial artery stenosis? Looking forward to consulting your doctor help me. Thanks.
Anh Tuan (1971)
Reply
Hello!
Intracranial and extracranial artery stenosis is known to be damaged vascular system that supplies blood to the brain (damage to the vessel wall leads to narrowing of arteries, occlusion of arteries, ...) will lead to limited condition. or unable to bring blood to the brain.
The cause of the condition over 90% is due to atherosclerosis, the remaining 10% is due to other factors of vascular nature (Moyamonya disease, arterial dissection,...)
Atherosclerosis Arteriosclerosis due to many causes such as: Diabetes, High blood pressure, smoking, alcohol abuse, fat disorders, nervous stress, obesity,...
Symptoms of the disease are usually cerebral ischemia, brain stroke.
Thank you for trusting Vinmec Health System, looking forward to meeting you in person for more detailed advice. Best regards!
Consulted by Dr. Ton That Tri Dung - Head of Medical Examination and Internal Medicine - Department of Medical Examination & Internal Medicine - Vinmec Danang International General Hospital.

4 lượt đọc

Dịch vụ từ Vinmec

Chủ đề: QnA
Bài viết liên quan