......

What are the parts of the upper respiratory tract? Common diseases of the upper respiratory tract


In the human body, the upper respiratory tract is the outermost organ that can be exposed to the air, so this part will have to withstand the effects of the external environment and damage the most. According to statistics, the proportion of patients with upper respiratory diseases accounts for a relatively large proportion compared to other respiratory diseases.
The upper respiratory tract is responsible for taking air from outside the environment into the body to humidify, warm and filter the air before sending it to the lungs. Upper respiratory tract infection is a very common disease and easily recurs many times.
In fact, upper respiratory tract diseases are more common in young children because their resistance is still weak and they are easily affected by the external environment.
Common upper respiratory tract diseases include:
Colds (allergic rhinitis): This is a phenomenon that occurs due to viral infections of rhinoviruses, enteroviruses or seasonal allergies. smoking for a long time,... The disease can go away on its own within 1-2 weeks even without taking medicine. Acute pharyngitis: Acute pharyngitis is a disease caused by infection and damage to the lining of the throat, causing irritation, burning pain, itchy throat, runny nose, stuffy nose, dry mouth, low-grade fever, dry cough or cough with phlegm. . Up to 80% of cases of pharyngitis are caused by common viruses such as rhinovirus, adenovirus, influenza virus, measles virus, etc. The remaining 20% ​​are caused by bacteria such as streptococcus, pneumococcus, and staphylococcus. Allergic rhinitis : This is an upper respiratory tract disease that presents a condition in which the nose is irritated by smoke, cigarette smoke, pollen, dog and cat hair, detergents, "smelly" chemicals, molds, and molds. ,... make the nasal mucosa inflamed, swollen and edematous. Some typical symptoms of allergic rhinitis such as: cough, sore throat, itchy nose, sneezing, runny nose, mild rash,... Acute sinusitis: Upper respiratory tract disease occurs when the sinus area Around the nose is inflamed due to allergies or bacterial viruses. Common symptoms are mild fever, sneezing, runny nose, stuffy nose, headache in the face, fatigue,... Acute laryngitis: This upper respiratory disease occurs when the vocal cords are swollen, causing for patients who are hoarse or lose their voice. People with laryngitis are caused by sequelae of viruses that cause colds, flu or mechanical agents (such as talking a lot, singing, shouting). Currently, there are many treatment methods for upper respiratory tract infections in particular and upper respiratory tract diseases, but the disease is mainly caused by viruses. treat the underlying cause.

Để đặt lịch khám tại viện, Quý khách vui lòng bấm số HOTLINE hoặc đặt lịch trực tiếp TẠI ĐÂY. Tải và đặt lịch khám tự động trên ứng dụng MyVinmec để được giảm ngay 15% phí khám khi đặt hẹn khám lần đầu trên toàn hệ thống Vinmec (áp dụng từ 17/10 - 31/12/2022). Quý khách cũng có thể quản lý, theo dõi lịch và đặt hẹn tư vấn từ xa qua video với các bác sĩ Vinmec mọi lúc mọi nơi ngay trên ứng dụng.

6 lượt đọc

Dịch vụ từ Vinmec

Bài viết liên quan