Top anti-cancer foods
Cancer is a disease that can claim the lives of millions of people around the world. However, we can prevent the development of this disease through a healthy diet with effective cancer prevention foods.
1. Eat fruits and vegetables to fight cancer
Fruits and vegetables are the best cancer prevention foods for you. In your daily diet, you should choose fruits and vegetables with many colors, such as dark green, red and orange. These foods help you maintain a healthy body weight, thereby effectively reducing the risk of diseases such as colon, kidney and esophageal cancer.
In addition, there are several other food sources of folate that you should choose from, such as asparagus, eggs, beans, sunflower seeds, spinach and lettuce. According to nutritionists, the best way to get enough folate in the body is to eat lots of vegetables, fruits and nutrient-rich whole grain products. Women who are pregnant or planning to have a baby should also make sure to get an adequate amount of folic acid to prevent some birth defects.
3. Cut down on processed meat In your daily diet, you should limit your consumption of processed meats like ham, bacon and sausages to reduce your risk of cancer. colorectal or stomach cancer. Besides, you also need to avoid eating a lot of meat that has been preserved through smoked or salted form because they are more likely to have been exposed to chemicals that can cause cancer.
5. Green tea – potential cancer prevention food For a long time, green tea is considered one of the potential cancer fighting foods. Several laboratory studies have shown that green tea slows or stops cancer growth in breast, liver, colon, and prostate cells. Furthermore, green tea has a similar effect on skin and lung tissue. In several long-term studies, green tea has been shown to reduce the risk of stomach, bladder, and pancreatic cancers.
6. Grapes are one of the foods that prevent cancer
7. Limiting alcohol helps reduce cancer risk Drinking a lot of alcohol can increase the risk of cancers such as cancers of the mouth, larynx, esophagus, throat, breast and liver. In addition, alcohol can also increase the risk of rectal or colon cancer. According to the American Cancer Society recommendations, men should drink no more than 2 drinks / day and 1 drink / day for women.
8. Adequate intake of water and other fluids Water not only quenches thirst, but it also helps protect against bladder cancer. This is because water helps dilute the concentration of potential carcinogens in the bladder. In addition, drinking more fluids also helps you increase the frequency of urination, thereby shortening the time that cancer-causing agents are in contact with the bladder lining.
9. Fight cancer thanks to beans Beans are also another effective cancer-preventing food that you should add to your diet. Beans contain several potent phytochemicals, which help protect the body's healthy cells and fight damage that leads to cancer. Some laboratory studies have shown that this compound in beans slows the growth of tumors, preventing the tumor from releasing substances that are harmful to neighboring cells.
10. Consume More Cruciferous Vegetables Cruciferous vegetables, including cauliflower, broccoli, cabbage, kale, broccoli, and Brussels sprouts can make great side dishes, while also providing effective anti-cancer effect. Research has shown that the components in cruciferous vegetables have the ability to help the body fight some cancers such as lung, colon, cervical and breast cancers.
11. Dark leafy greens – cancer-fighting “warriors” One of the other great cancer prevention foods are dark green leafy vegetables, such as lettuce, mustard greens, kale, spinach, etc. chicory and cabbage. These vegetables are high in fiber, carotenoids and folate, which help protect against cancers of the larynx, mouth, pancreas, stomach, skin and lung.
13. Stew meat properly to prevent cancer The way meat stewed or cooked can also make a difference in how much cancer risk it poses. When fried meat is grilled at too high a temperature, it will form chemical compounds that increase the risk of cancer. On the other hand, cooking methods such as braising, stewing or steaming generally produce fewer harmful chemicals. In addition, when stewing meat, remember to add a variety of healthy vegetables to prevent cancer more effectively.
14. Eat more strawberries and raspberries Strawberries and raspberries contain phytochemicals – an ellagic acid with powerful antioxidant effects. Thanks to the use of this compound, strawberries and raspberries are listed as potential cancer-fighting foods according to experts. In general, the phytochemical components in these two fruits can neutralize some carcinogens and slow down the growth of cancer cells.
15. Cancer prevention thanks to blueberries The powerful antioxidants in blueberries can offer many health benefits, including cancer prevention. Antioxidants have the ability to fight cancer by destroying free radicals in the body before they damage healthy cells. You can increase the nutritional value of blueberries by topping them with yogurt, oatmeal, cereal, or a salad.
17. Limiting vitamin supplements can help fight cancer, but this is only true when you get them naturally from your daily food intake. Both the American Institute for Cancer Research and the American Cancer Society emphasize that it is much better to get cancer-fighting nutrients from foods like fruits, nuts, and green vegetables than they are to provide. get them from supplements. Therefore, a healthy diet with lots of cancer-preventing foods is the best choice for anyone.
In short, all types of cancer can be prevented with a healthy lifestyle and a scientific diet. Therefore, each person should add cancer prevention foods in their daily diet.
Để đặt lịch khám tại viện, Quý khách vui lòng bấm số HOTLINE hoặc đặt lịch trực tiếp TẠI ĐÂY. Tải và đặt lịch khám tự động trên ứng dụng MyVinmec để quản lý, theo dõi lịch và đặt hẹn mọi lúc mọi nơi ngay trên ứng dụng.