Nguyen Dac Nghia, Ph.D graduated in medicine in 1978 from Pécs Medical School of Hungary. During the war, he served in the army as Military Medical Officer for 6 years. Dr Nghia than registered for the course of specialization in Orthopaedics in 1987. Since the year of 1989, he has become Orthopaedic Surgeon until now
Head of Orthopedics Unit
1981-1987: Military Medical Officer in Cambodia
1987 - 2011: Head of Orthopaedic Surgery Department of Saint Paul Hospital, Hanoi
2012 - Now: Head of Orthopaedic Surgery Unit, Vinmec Times City Hospital
1988: Young Orthopaedic Investigator Merit Award
2009: Meritorious Doctor
Research trials approved by Hanoi Department of Sciences and Technology
- Application of Close Reduction and Intramedullary Nailing Technique for treatment of Tibial Shaft Fracture in Saint Paul Hospital (1997)
- Research on improving the stability of Hartshill frame in fixation of thoracolumbar fractures with neurologic deficit (1999)
- Research on Mini-Invasive Discectomy Techniques in Saint Paul Hospital (2001)
- Application of Elastic Stable Intramedullary Nailing Technique for treatment of both-forearm fractures (2010)
- Combination of Transverse Bridge and Pedicle Screws in Stabilisation of Unstable Thoracolumbar Fractures Using Hartshill Frame, 10th Annual Congress of Vietnam Surgery Association, Hanoi (1999).
- Improve the posterior fixation of unstable thoracolumbar fracture by using two transverse bridges and pedicle screws in Hartshill frame construct, Vietnam Medical Journal, 2000.
- Selection of Pedicle Screwing Techniques in Posterior Fixation of Thoracolumbar Spine, Journal of Practical Medicine, 2003
- Measure of Thoracolumbar Pedicles of Skeletons in Hanoi Anatomy Institute in order to do posterior fixation of spine by pedicle screw, Journal of Practical Medicine, 2003
- Total Hip Replacement in Young Adults Less than 50 Years Old, First Meeting of Military Orthopaedic Society, Hanoi, 2003.
- Osteoporosis and Bone Fractures in Orthopaedic Surgery Department of Saint Paul Hospital, 11th Annual Meeting of HCM City Orthopaedic Society, 2004.
- Result of Elastic Stable Intramedullary Nailing of of both-forearm fractures, Journal of Practical Medicine, 2008.
- Experiences in Treatment of Unicameral Bone Cysts in Saint Paul Hospital, Vietnam Medical Journal, 2010.
- Strengthening the anti-rotary capacity of elastic intramedullary nails in fixation of forearm shaft fractures, Vietnam Medical Journal, 2010.
1978: Graduation in Medicine from Pécs Medical University, Hungary
1991: Basic Degree in Surgery Diploma
2001: Advanced Degree in Orthopaedic Surgery Diploma
2005: Doctor of Philosophy in Medicine
2009: Senior Consultant